HIKING MONKEY MOUNTAIN IN PUNTA MITA PRIVATE GROUP
*2 People or More Required
Hiking Monkey Mountain in Punta Mita takes you to the very top of the area’s landmark mountain, overlooking the surrounding beaches with a remarkable 360° view from the summit.
Starting in the foothills of Monkey Mountain, you will start the 1-hour semi-shaded uphill hike through winding jungle trails to the summit.
During the hike, you will experience spectacular views of the surrounding area and a fascinating introduction to the local flora and fauna. Once you reach the summit, there will be time to enjoy a rest with some water and a granola bar, to sit back and bask in nature with an incredible view, before heading back down and finishing the hike.
EXPLORE AROUND SAYULITA AND PUNTA DE MITA ON FOOT
Jungles where jaguars roam, beautiful hidden beaches, and exotic tropical wildlife: hiking in the Sayulita and the Punta Mita area is an unexpected surprise that few know about. With our jungle tours, you will hike along shady paths, scramble up rocks, and emerge onto rocky outcrops with 360-degree views of the surrounding jungles and beaches.
Many of the trails in the area are built and maintained by WildMex, and we are proud to show them off. Join our Wildmex guides on one of our breathtaking hikes, either hiking to tranquil San Pancho or trekking to the top of Monkey Mountain.
Our guides rate this as one of the best hikes in Sayulita - This hike connects the popular surf town of Sayulita with its quieter neighbour San Pancho. The hike will take you through Sayulita’s Northside and into the jungle.
After 30 minutes of relatively flat hiking, you will start a steady 30-minute uphill section that goes up through a small pass and drops you on the other side of the small mountain range.
During the hike, you will get the chance to explore secluded beaches, jungle vegetation, and tropical wildlife. Once we get to San Pancho, you will enjoy a rest period, with some fresh water and a granola bar on the heart of the town before heading back to the shop in Sayulita by car.
What to Bring
Recently, Beach of Love access has been limited by the National Park admin and the new regulation has the following guidelines:
- Morning hikes set out at 9am
- Upon request, we offer afternoon hikes set out 3 hours before sunset, so we can enjoy a great view from up top (check with our guides for exact times).
- This is a physically demanding trip, the way up is steep and requires guests to be in good shape.
- Bring comfortable enclosed shoes.
- Bring a small backpack to carry essentials.
WildMex offers the best quality surf tours and activities in Punta Mita and Sayulita! To accommodate each of our guests, all of our excursions are exclusive, requiring previous reservations.
ACTIVITIES: SURF / SUP / MTB / HIKE / BOAT TOUR *Restrictions Apply on Holidays
- 24 hours or more notice – full refund.
- Less than 24 hours notice (last-minute cancellations) –70% adventure credit or 50% refund.
- No-show, or late arrival – No refund. 50% adventure credit.
- Boat or snorkeling activities have no refund or credit for any reason.
*Restrictions: During Christmas, New Year (Dec 22- Jan 6 th), Holy Week, and Easter due to our high demand:
- 48 hours or more notice – full refund.
- Less than 48 hours, as well as a no-show, and late arrival – No refund.
SURF CAMP WITH ACCOMMODATION
- 90 days notice –50% refund on accommodation and full refund on Surf Lessons.
- Less than 90 days notice (last-minute cancellations) – no refund, Full credit on the Surfing portion of Camp.
- NOTE: Once your surf camp started, surf lesson reschedule require:
- 24 hours or more notice – reschedule date or time.
- Less than 24 hours, as well as a no-show and late arrival – a lesson lost.
- Guests are responsible for meeting at WildMex Punta Mita at the agreed time to go back to their original meeting point at Sayulita.
- If you’re not on time at the agreed time or location, it will be your responsibility to make your way back to Sayulita.
- If Wildmex considers it necessary to reschedule our services due to Bad Weather Conditions, you can;
- Choose a different time on the same day.
- Choose a different day.
- 70% refund.
In the rare case WildMex, with 20+ years of experience, has to cancel your activity due to precluding Weather Conditions you will get:
Note: Our Staff is paid "per event", we try to schedule them as far in advance as possible so that our guests can get the quality service they deserve and our staff can plan their lives. Our Cancellation policy is intended to honor our staff's time and effort, and to help us provide a well-planned and memorable experience for our guests.